Social Security and ITIN Numbers

Those who are employed will need to apply for a Social Security Number (SSN). F-1 students (both current and new) must complete the Supplement to the Social Security Application form verifying their employment.

Student and scholars who do not have SSNs and are only receiving a stipend are not eligible to apply for an SSN, but should apply for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) instead.