Welcome to your new WashU Web Theme site!
See the guides and tutorials below to begin exploring options and building your site.
Are you new to websites?
We’re here to support you.
Whether you’re new to managing websites or just haven’t used WordPress before, we’ve created dozens of tutorials to help you build the perfect site.
- Our Quick Start Guide will walk you through your first steps.
- Find in-depth assistance in our many guides and tutorials.
- We’re here to help if you have questions. Sign up for the next training session, and contact our support team when you need a hand.
Have you built websites before?
Take it to the next level.
You’ve built sites in WordPress and know the basics. Now you’re ready to dive into advanced features customized for the WashU Web Theme.
- Review our Quick Start Guide to learn about the WashU Web Theme standards, and for important information about adding new users, updating site visibility and more.
- WordPress recently introduced a native page builder. Get the basics and learn all about the block editor.
- One of our most popular plugins, People, Places and Items can be used to create staff directories, filterable lists and more.
Editing the homepage
We recommend publishing your site’s homepage last, after the rest of the site is built and ready to launch.
As a portal to the most important content and actions within your site, your homepage requires established pages and posts for you to embed, link to and feature.
See tips for planning your homepage »
We created this homepage for your new site as a template to get you started. We’ve included a few of our most popular blocks so that you can get to know them and see them in action. If what we have started works for you, feel free to replace our content and make this homepage your own!
Or, if you have a different vision for your homepage, create a brand new page and start from scratch. Just be sure to set that new homepage as your site’s front page so that it will be the first thing visitors see when they arrive at your site.
Setting a front page
This sample homepage is intended to introduce you to the Web Theme features and give you resources to get started. You may wish to simply edit over this content to create your website’s homepage. Just be sure to not leave any lingering template content once your site is live.
Depending on how you want your website’s homepage to look, it may, however, be easier to start fresh and create a new homepage from scratch. In that case, be sure to set your new homepage as the site’s front page so your site visitors see your beautiful homepage first thing when they land on your site.
Launching your site
When your site is done and ready for its debut, our Launch Guide will walk you through the final steps to ensure your site is visible and working at its best.